A meme from the That Artsy Reader Girl.
Today’s Topic: Books I Can’t Believe I Read
I was running a little late with this one……. Okay more than a little. I did two categories, the bad and the just plain surprising:
- Mandie books by Lois Glady Leppard – I read so many of them. I loved them, I think partially because NC doesn’t appear in a lot of books. They are fairly religious books but that didn’t bother me then because that was before I had any inklings of atheism.
- ttyl by Lauren Myracle – If you read the review you’ll get the gist but this was a hard one for me. I was pretty much the age of these girls, when it was set and when it was published. It just did not register for me. It was for an assignment though.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams – Okay I never actually finished this book but I’m amazed I made it in at all.
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer – I’m sure a lot of people would say all of the Twilight series, I try not to give into the hate, but this book was just over the top ridiculous.
- The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein – Philippe Petit is a fascinating person but I found the 9-11 connection heavy handed. Another read for class.
- The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer – This is not my normal fare but I actually enjoyed it. I’m not sure if I’ll ever read more things like this.
- Each Little Bird That Sings by Deborah Wiles – This was for a course and I expected to hate it but it was actually quite good and made me quite emotional.
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris – It isn’t that far out of my normal realm, but I don’t think I would have picked them up on my own. I did actually enjoy them once they got loaned to me.
- GraceLand by Chris Abani – This was for a course, a course that I think I failed because I got so far behind in reading but I was obstinate and went back to read this and enjoyed it even though it is far from my normal fare.
- The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen – This was an ARC I got and one day I was in the mood for something different. I LOVED it. I need to catch up on the series, I am behind.