Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry
A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry
1. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls – This is the only book I can remember that made me cry as a child.
2. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman – Okay, I probably cried back when I first read the end of this series but I don’t remember it.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling – Yes, I cried during other books but I think this one was more than the others because instead of just a bad incident there was so much emotion.
4. Magic’s Price by Mercedes Lackey – Vanyel always has a hard life but there is a reason that this tome is about price, a very high price.
5. Mastiff by Tamora Pierce – This was a toss up with Lioness Rampant. Lioness Rampant has definitely made me cry more times and possibly more times in the book, but when I saw this topic Mastiff was what immediately came to mind. The ending made me cry so hard.
6. Fire by Kristin Cashore – Part of it the character of Fire, she just inspires so many feels. Some of the tears here were definitely from joy.
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – I won’t bother avoiding spoilers on this one. I cried so hard for Rue.
8. Each Little Bird That Sings by Deborah Wiles – This book is about grief and death. I liked this book worlds more than I expected. Usually ones that are too real I can’t stand but this one was just plain good.
9. Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher – I mentioned in the review of this one that I couldn’t believe a sports book made me cry.
10. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton – I’m always shocked to mean anyone who hasn’t read this book. I honestly can’t remember if it made me cry in middle school but it did make me cry in grad school.
Yes, I searched my blog for words such as cry, sob, emotion, cried… I feel like I must have missed some but these are definitely main ones.