Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Take Place In Another Country
A meme from the That Artsy Reader Girl.
Today’s Topic: Books That Take Place In Another Country
My initial thought was how easy it would be to cheat on this topic as a fantasy reader, but when I decided to stick to actual places it was actually still tough to narrow down!
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – Netherlands, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria…
- The Quiet American by Graham Greene – Vietnam
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks – Australia, Bosnia, Austria, Italy, Spain…
- Dingo by Charles de Lint – Australia
- Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey – New Zealand
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – Ireland? (The island itself is fictional but probably.)
- The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen – Denmark
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Czech Republic
- GraceLand by Chris Abani – Nigeria
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – England