Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In
A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In OR Top Ten Characters I’d NEVER Want To Trade Places With
1. Westeros – (The Song of Ice and Fire series.) There are several on this list that there are people who live in those worlds who live normal simple lives. Part of the reason Westeros is on here is Winter, that affects everyone.
2. Panem – (The Hunger Games series) This really doesn’t need an explanation.
3. Warhammer 40K – (The Gaunt’s Ghost series) Inquisitors. Period. I hardly feel the reason to expand on why this world is scary. Oh yeah, there is this thing called Chaos, which is also quite terrifying and trying to take over the universe.
4. the Earth of Feed – The technology and the way that it changes people is frightening. Especially the fact that it is a believable future based on the path that we are following.
5. the Earth of Fahrenheit 451 – Books are being burned need I say more?
6. the Earth of the Matched Trilogy – The lack of free will exceeds even some of the other dystopian worlds here.
7. The Forests of Hands and Teeth series – Zombie worlds are pretty bad but zombie worlds with religious fanatics are like my worst nightmare.
8. Mirrorworld – (The Mirrorworld Series) It seems like it was a really cool world, but it seems like it has gotten really bad.
9. The Bioshock video game series – I started having a hard time with books and then someone mentioned video games. These places are always intended to be perfect but then they become the worst of places.
10. The Deadspace video game series – Most people in this world will never encounter these terrible things but just the chance makes it one of the scariest worlds to me.