Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island
A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island (pick based on however you want…skills they would bring, their company…or pure hotness factor :P)
1. Veralidaine Sarrasri (aka Daine) from Tamora Pierce’s The Immortals – Deserted islands usually still have animals, someone that can talk to them would definitely be valuable.
2. Vlad Taltos from Steven Brust’s Vlad Taltos – I think of Vlad as the MacGyver of the fantasy world.
3. al’Lan Mandragoran (aka Lan) from Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time – He is high up there are on the bad ass characters list. Nothing is scary with this guy around.
4. Mariel Gullwhacker from Brian Jacques’s Redwall – To be on a deserted island you must first be shipwrecked right? She is the ultimate shipwreck survivor in my head.
5. Nicko Heap from Angie Sage’s Septimus Heap – You’re already on the deserted island but I feel like there should be someone around with nautical skills.
6. Max the Wolf from Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham, illustrations by Mark Buckingham – The ultimate boy scout seems like he would be useful.
7. Sapphire (aka Saf) or Prince Po from Kristin Cashore’s Graceling Realm – I feel like there should be at least one Lienid in this group. More sailors!
8. Robinson Crusoe from Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe – I’m sure this man is on every list.
9. The Robinsons from The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss – They make cool treehouses, okay I am judging that off of the movie. I admit.
10. Aragorn from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings – Who better at survival than a Ranger?