A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever
I thought this list would be easy. There are plenty of times that I yell at characters but I suppose that is not what I remember about them in the end.
1. Bella Swan – Of course she has to be on this list. Especially because she spawned a whole wave of protagonists that make us batty.
2. Katniss Everdeen – This is more of a love hate relationship. I want to love Katniss but there is very little that she actually does by choice. We love our heroes because when they land in a situation they decide to do something.
3. Jonathan IV of Conté – As much as I adore Jon, he was the perfect emphasis for my preteen self that no matter how nice a boy is he will have an age during which he is utterly intolerable.
4. Eugenie de Boncoeur – The Pale Assassin was actually a book that I did not complete because I felt that Eugenie continued to just run around squealing and did not do anything for herself.
5. every rabbit in Watership Down – I know such generalizations are cruel but this was the first book that I had ever really decided to just not finish because the characters and story frustrated me so.
6. Zoe in The Silver Kiss – I am sure that Zoe could probably be blamed for Bella. She is just there. Falling blindly the one she knows nothing about.
7. the girls of TTYL – They are nothing but a cliché. They don’t grow or learn they are just a dated examples.
8. Harry Potter – No not all the time, but much like Jonathan he has his moments of puberty that just make you want to throw the book across the room. Especially in certain books of the series, midway when everyone gets hormonal.
9. Wilbur in Charlotte’s Webb – This pig is not extraordinary, rather he is pretty whiny and can’t do anything without the skills of others. He is a sweet pig but he gets credit for the work of others.
10. Septimus Heap – He tends to have an issue of not putting one and two together. This is partially the intended age of the audience but there are definitely times when I want to shake not just Septimus but the entire cast for being oblivious.