A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Books I’d Recommend To X Person (your choice — could be to your mom, to a reluctant male reader, to your teenage sister, to dog lover’s, to sports lovers, etc.)
I chose my boyfriend, Ben, also occasionally referred to as the Bear of Bear and Squirrel.
1. The Book of Jhereg by Steven Brust – I really do think he would enjoy this series. Vlad is his kind of character. Though I am not sure how Ben feels about things out of chronological order.
2. The Once and Future King by T.H. White – A classic for any fantasy lover, especially anybody who likes Arthur or Merlin.
3. Fire by Kristin Cashore – This is the category of I think he might like it but I would also just enjoy him having a glance into my head, even more so with the next.
4. Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce – I love her books so much that I want him to read at least one someday. It wouldn’t take him long. It is challenging to think about which I would have him read.
5. Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings – Really I just want to see a Robert Jordan fan’s reaction to Eddings. I think there are similarities… and differences but I am curious.
7. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – My reasons here are much less thought out. Gut instinct that might be terribly wrong
8. Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham, illustrations by Mark Buckingham – Sometimes I want him to read books just so I can hear his opinion of things as silly as the portrayal of boy scouts.
9. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley – Another that I love so much I want him to have a taste of knowledge. I think this is the one he would be most likely to enjoy and hey, it is a classic.
10. Here, There Be Dragons written and illustrated by James A. Owen – My best friend made me read this one. I think Ben would be amused and I would love to see his reaction at the end of the book.
I already made him read Ender’s Game, just by the way.