A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read (either by teachers, friends, other bloggers, book club) — doesn’t necessarily have to be a BAD thing. Could be required reading, yes, but also book club, or just super enthusiastic friends “making” you read something!
I decided to focus on books that I read in undergrad and grad school. I wouldn’t let myself count projects where I had choices like my analysis of all things Robin McKinley.
1. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
2. 19 Varieties of Gazelle by Naomi Shihab Nye
3. Whale Talk by Chris Catcher
4. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
5. The Great and Only Barnum: The Tremendous, Stupendous Life of Showman P.T. Barnum by Candace Fleming
6. Each Little Bird That Sings by Deborah Wiles
7. Big Bad Bunny by Franny Billingsley, art by G. Brian Karas
8. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
9. GraceLand by Chris Abani
10. The Quiet American by Graham Greene