A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013
1. Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy – The Graphic Novel – Funnily enough this was actually a Christmas gift from my parents to Ben. It seems that it is finally time for me to step into the expanded universe. This was Ben’s favorite series and recommended place to start. The series has also been talked about a lot with the discussion of more movies. I could start with the books but we have this, it is faster and I really would like the visual background.
2. Something Warhammer 40K by Dan Abnett – That is specific as I can get. This is another universe that greatly inhabits Ben’s brain. This is the majority of his reading. There are several readers and players in our circle of friends. I’ve had things explained to me and I’ve spent time in the wiki. It is up for debate which specific novel I will read.
3. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – The reasons for wanting to read this are obvious. I got it for Christmas and I loved her other two books in this world. I will be curious to see where she moves on to after this. I expect that Fire will still be my favorite but I look forward to more of Bitterblue.
4. The rest of the Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau – I’m almost done with Ember and I hope to break the habit of starting series without finishing them (unless of course I don’t like the series).
5. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides – A Christmas gift from my cousin and his wife, both very intelligent people and she is even more of a reader than me I think. This also probably has the purpose of keeping me from just reading fantasy YA and I look forward to it.
6. The Drowned Vault by N. D. Wilson – People paid attention to my christmas list! Well of course they did. So the books that I’ve resisted buying since they came out it is now time to read.
7. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor – I really have no idea where this series is going to go but I was so enchanted with the first book that I cannot resist continuing.
8. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne Valente – This series is truly an escape. It is a modern fairytale. Filled with its own twists and humor.
9. The Circle Universe by Tamora Pierce – I have been quite behind on this set for some time but I know that I could easily tear through them. I love Pierce’s writing so much but I have always had a preference for the Tortall Universe for some reason.
10. The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner – This series is done. It is time that I finally finish reading it. It feels like I have been waiting a very long time. For so long I thought the first book was a standalone.
So that actually brings the total to 24 books I believe. Which is almost half my goal for the year but I hope to exceed my own expectations.