A meme from the Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s topic: Top Ten Beach Reads (however YOU define a beach read!)
When I thought of beach reads, I thought of summer vacations as a kid and the books that were read by myself, mom and sometimes even dad. There are only two of those that came to mind, but once I had that idea it wouldn’t go away.
1. Holes by Louis Sachar
2. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
Because they are Newbery I decided to flesh out the list for more of the same.
3. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
4. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron
5. Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins
6. The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin
7. The Dark Frigate by Charles Boardman Hawes
8. The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall
9. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien
10. The Moorchild by Eloise McGraw